"There’s this issue you’re not allowed to discuss: that women are needy. Men can go for longer, more happily, without women. That’s the truth. We don’t, as little boys, play at being married - we try to avoid it for as long as possible. Meanwhile women are out there hunting for husbands."
-Steven Moffat [x]
I just want to frame that and hang it on the wall of every Moffat apologist, so they can wake up and look at that every morning.
- i am angry because this is just another example of women being shamed for taking nudes instead of the douchebag who spreads them being shamed for violating someone’s privacy like that
- i am angry because nobody deserves this, regardless of how i feel about their personality
- i am angry because this is pure misogyny and shows how women aren’t respected in our culture
- i am angry because she did not consent to having those pics posted everywhere but they still were
- i am angry because on the VERY RARE occasion this happens to a male celeb he is not shamed but rather the perpetrator is and it’s forgotten quickly whereas this will haunt jennifer for years and years to come
- i am angry because this was a sex crime and people are treating it like a joke
- i am angry because she is being exploited/objectified and some gross dudebros are probably jacking off to those pics
- i am angry because people are CONGRATULATING the fucker who did such an atrocious thing to her instead of being appalled
listen i may not like her personally but the fact remains that as a human being she is entitled to body autonomy and to choose who sees her naked body and who doesn’t
when will people realize that mental illnesses don’t fucking discriminate?
eating disorders are not feminine
depression is not a “white” disease
ptsd does not limit to soldiers
you don’t have to be straight, white, and feminine to be mentally ill. your sexuality, gender, race, and history should not be liable to define your mental state. if you’re sick, you’re fucking sick and you shouldn’t base your susceptibility on who you are.
A character can still be a great character without being a good person.
In fact, some of the best characters are terrible people.
Because a character’s worth should be based on how complex and interesting they are, not their morality if they were real.